12 Moving Tips For The Unorganized College Student
1. Before you start to pack up, try to downsize on things by getting rid of things you don't use.
Tip: If you're trying to get rid of high-end clothes that aren't necessarily donation material yet, try apps like Postmark to easily sell them and get some cash!
2. Color Code.
An easy way for anyone helping you carry boxes to know where to set them down at, also saving you time sorting and unpacking. It helps to use the same color on a wall in whatever room it's going to.
3. Roll it, don't fold it.
Maybe a little more time consuming, but for sure a space saver.
4. Keep your cords together, but separate.
Because who uses sunglass cases anyways?
5. Place a cotton ball or pad in your compact powder cosmetics to prevent them from cracking during a move.
The last thing you need is to spend the next month trying to salvage your cracked chunks of MAC blush while getting ready.
6. Cash in your favors.
Whether it be that drunk friend you've taken care of one too many times, or a plea to your family members- now is the time to ask for help.
Ps. Most of the time, bribing with food works wonders
7. Use a shower cap to cover the bottoms of your shoes before packing them.
8. Some options to prevent your favorite jewelry from getting lost/tangled.
9. Pack the essentials for the first day or two in an easy to reach bag.
Chances are you'll be too exhausted to dig for pjs or your makeup bag the next morning.
10. Saran-wrap is your friend.
Much easier then jamming all your liquids into a ziplock and praying they don't burst and ruin all your stuff.
11. The fastest way to pack a closet.
Rubber bands, zip-ties, and tape all do wonders!
Trust me, it'll be okay. Try not to stress out and make the moving process as fun as possible with some snack breaks, friends, and music. Next thing you know you'll be cuddled up in your new bed feeling fab.
Original Article here: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/12-moving-tips-for-the-unorganized-college-student